ACAD slowdown when drawing lines

tofrlin

Hello to CADTutor forum and members,

first I want to apologise for eventual errors in typing because english isnt my native language. :unsure: Also hope I got in right subforum.

I'm having slowdown issues in ACAD 2012 im using on my work laptop. Everything else is working fine at what should be normal speed for laptop specs, only when i try to draw on new or existing drawings. When I start line command and try to pick next point it slows to arund 2-3 fps... hope I was clear enough.

Would appreciate any help to solve this issue because it is impossible to work on more complicated drawings.

Thanks!

Is this a new install?

What are your computer specs?

Yes,it is new install.

Laptop is ASUS K73TA, A4-3300M with 4 GB, HD6650M with 1 GB, running W7 x64

I dont know if its laptop specs because everything else, in ACAD and in other aplications (SolidWorks, ...) is running with normal speed.

Is there some ACAD system variables that could get wrong?

Is this happening on all files? Have you done the usual file maintenance, purge, audit, on the file(s) and any XREFs?

Unfortunately yes. Even when I start new drawing on clean acadiso template I could see slowdown on 'animation' of length and angle lines. On more complex drawings it gets far more worse. Purge and XREFs are not cause for this issue, and if it wolud be down to this it would not be the case on clean new drawing, I supouse...

Try turning ON/OFF Hardware acceleration (little lightbulb and computer chip icon at the lower right).

I will try this when I get home. I was thinking it has something to do with some drivers or something like that...

Thanks for suggestions, will report back.

Try turning ON/OFF Hardware acceleration (little lightbulb and computer chip icon at the lower right).

I will try this when I get home. I was thinking it has something to do with some drivers or something like that...

Thanks for suggestions, will report back.

I can report that this issue is solved, hardware acceleration was turned OFF. I turned it on and now is all going smoothly...

Big thanks for that SLW210!

Cheers