Shortening Poly Line block

Casio47

Hello All,

I have several polylines in block format. I need to shorten the entire block: 40' to 20'. I'm guessing I go into block editor?

AutoCAD 2010

Thanks for the help

When one uses the INSERT command there is the option to change the X,Y and Z scale factors of a block. If the block was inserted without changing a scale factor then it is too late to do anything about it unless you use the BEDIT command.

I tried the insert command, got the window you displayed, and it worked. However, the problem is I only got the X: window available so I put .5 instead 1.0, inserted, which it did, but the block was 50% smaller on everything, not just the length...smaller width between lines too. so it did not look correct. What if I explode the block, and individually shorten the lines? If this is an option, what is the command where I input 20' from the 40' the polyline is now?

I went ahead and used the BEDIT command, and shortened the lines I needed, and then moved the end objects to the new shorten lines. then made everything a block, and exited the block editor. That probably wasnt the best way to do it, but it worked. Thanks for the help

What version of AutoCAD?

Did you deselect "Uniform Scale"?

I tried the "Uniform Scale" checked and unchecked, and had the same results...which is another issue I didn't understand why. thanks

If only the X scale factor was available then you did not deselect Uniform Scale. The only other possibility I can think of would be if the block was non-uniform-scaled to begin with and you just didn't know it.