Need Help with Offset command.

Just spent ages going in and out of the OFFSET command in order to use varying dimensions,

Is there a method for changing the size inside the command?????

I'm getting too old-----!

One method that is a little quicker, first use the MULTIPLE command, then start OFFSET, this will keep you in the command meaning one less time hitting the space bar or enter key each time you change the distance.

I know of a lisp routine that will prompt the user for a new distance after each offset. The new line is offset from the one previously created and not from the original.

I guess you found something that works so I'll be going back out into the plant. 10:36 am EDST

Edited by ReMark

... first use the MULTIPLE command ...

When did they sneak that one in there? It could actually be useful!

Every day I'm learnin

Edited by CyberAngel

Just hit the spacebar twice.

Don't no whether to laugh or cry----what could be simpler!

Where do they tell you that???

Thanks to all who responded.

1987, Release 9 :)

:rofl: so made me laugh thanks

I'd like to add not at the expense of the OP of course..

Edited by KiLLiNG-TiME

• 1 month later...

UBRIGNS:

I am using AUTOCADLT 2000 and when I click on the offset icon it will ask me (on the command line) SPECIFY OFFSET DISTANCE or [THROUGH] and I can enter any number I want. Was wondering when they took this feature out of the program ?

welldriller

UBRIGNS:

I am using AUTOCADLT 2000 and when I click on the offset icon it will ask me (on the command line) SPECIFY OFFSET DISTANCE or [THROUGH] and I can enter any number I want. Was wondering when they took this feature out of the program ?

welldriller

I don't think they have (as confirmed by Dadgad and indeed a look at my command line too) but I think the OP was offsetting by different amounts. If you want one pline offset by 2.67, then by 3.74 then by 12.116 (etc.) you have to exit the command to keep changing the distance. Either that or do all your construction before hand.

ReMark:

Try to answer you question this way. I am a retired well driller and pump technician and use it to make drawings of furniture that I do as a hobby and other drawings for myself and family members. The most useful projects are when the wife wants to move furniture or we move to a new house. I draw out each room to scale, draw the furniture that we have and block it. It is a lot easier to move furniture on the computer and know that it will fit. Hope that helps to answer your question. if not I will try again if you want me to.

I would like to add that I feel that I can do almost anything I want with AUTOCADLT 2000 and I will admit that it is old enough that I can not upgrade it.

welldriller

ReMark:

Try to answer you question this way. I am a retired well driller and pump technician and use it to make drawings of furniture that I do as a hobby and other drawings for myself and family members. The most useful projects are when the wife wants to move furniture or we move to a new house. I draw out each room to scale, draw the furniture that we have and block it. It is a lot easier to move furniture on the computer and know that it will fit. Hope that helps to answer your question. if not I will try again if you want me to.

I would like to add that I feel that I can do almost anything I want with AUTOCADLT 2000 and I will admit that it is old enough that I can not upgrade it.

welldriller

I applaud your virtual furniture juggling technique, much easier on the back than the other way.

I once worked for a guy with a very large house full of beautiful albeit substantial furniture, and

with alarming regularity a coworker and I would PLAY furniture with huge rugs and gigantic overstuffed chairs,

upstairs, downstairs, wherever the boss' whims went. :sweat:

:huh: :facepalm: Nah! Put them all back where they were. :sweat: :D :beer:

Having never used LT or Draftsight, I thought there might be some incentive for you to download it,

as it is FREE, and has been widely reported by knowledgeable forum members as equivalent to Autocad LT 2007.

The price is right, and I imagine that it must be better in some ways than a seven year earlier version of the software.

Do you need it? Seems you don't, just wanted to let you know it is an available FREE upgrade option.

Edited by Dadgad

I applaud your virtual furniture juggling technique, much easier on the back than the other way.

I once worked for a guy with a very large house full of beautiful albeit substantial furniture, and

with alarming regularity a coworker and I would PLAY furniture with huge rugs and gigantic overstuffed chairs,

upstairs, downstairs, wherever the whim went.

:uh: Nah! Put them all back where they were. :D

Having never used LT or Draftsight, I thought there might be some incentive for you to download it,

as it is FREE, and has been widely reported by knowledgeable forum members as equivalent to Autocad LT 2007.

The price is right, and I imagine that it must be better in some ways than a seven year earlier version of the software.

Do you need it? Seems you don't, just wanted to let you know it is an available FREE upgrade option.

Thank you CAN'T SLEEP:

I downloaded the free version of DRAFTSIGHT looks like a clone of AUTOCADLT 2000 that I have but will still give it trial spin.

I opened it just long enough to see what it looked like and going to have to tlry to find out why my courser jumps all over the place, but being 72 and retired I have the time to check it out.

welldriller