ACAD 2013 > Microstation Conversion Bug

LearningQuickly

Hey everyone,

I have recently come across a new issue I'm having with my Civil 3D 2013 when converting my DWGs to DGNs. It seems that if a DWG is saved in 2013 and then converted to DGN using Microstation V8i (or exporting from CAD) any complex linestyles come into the DGN with "?"'s where the linestyle should be showing up. Army Corps of Engineers standard TREEL (tree line) or DUCT (duct bank) linetypes for example.

I have tried reloading the linestyles in Microstation and then updating the drawings but nothing has worked. Luckily, I still had 2012 Civil 3D on my workstation, so I went back and saved the files using 2012 and then converted them and voila everything looked great.

Has anyone come across this issue yet and found a workaround? Any ideas on what I can do to fix this issue?