"Compile Error in hidden module: frm_" Please Help!

gslmoore

Okay - this will be kind of long, I'll try to be as concise as possible.

I work for a surveying/engineering outfit in the survey drafting dept. We have slowly been upgrading to Win7. We use an add on program to plug in our blank & variable info. to produce plats. We have 4 machines in the survey dept. and the first two installed & worked without having this issue. Mine was upgraded about 5 months ago, and when we got it up and running, the add on would not work. After about 3 weeks of not getting it to work, reinstalling CAD, trying all we knew to do, I went home and obsessed over it for a weekend and came up with a fix. My machine has worked fine since.

We just got around to updating the 4th machine, and now it's having the same issue and I can't for the life of me remember what I did to get it running. If memory serves, I think we changed one or some file extensions in the Windows folder. To/from .dll & .ocx seems to ring a bell, but I cannot remember the details of what we did.

If you have any clue what I might have done or have ever dealt with this issue, please let me know. I have scoured the web and this forum popped up a couple of times, but everything I have tried so far has been to no avail.

Thanks,

We fixed the issue by copying the Windows folder SysWOW64 from a working computer to the ailing one, opting not to replace any existing files. So, whichever files needed the correct extension would go into the correct folder without replacing or removing the original one. Guess I jumped the gun a bit posting my question - hopefully this will help someone.