New to this site

Chevyman

Hi I have picked up on this site in am effort to find old AutoCAD R12 stuff. I had an old computer die with R12 on it and no backup disc's. Wanting to see if I could buy. or borrow, someone's old disc's to load on a Window's XP computer.

I have R12 on disc. I have the files copied to my HDD so I can ZIP it up and send it to you if you provide an email address.

Or you can try a free alternative AutoCAD clone, like DraftSight.

Keep in mind back then your personnel info was written to those floppies including your ser no.

Hi I have picked up on this site in am effort to find old AutoCAD R12 stuff. I had an old computer die with R12 on it and no backup disc's. Wanting to see if I could buy. or borrow, someone's old disc's to load on a Window's XP computer.

How do intend to load/install it on Windows XP?

How do intend to load/install it on Windows XP?

Will it install off that zip file? My old friend did it with his disc into my tower. I thought I would need the phisical disc.

AutoCAD R12 was either DOS or windows either way you need to emulate the older operating system to get it to run propery.
The media I have for R12 was a combo, with R13 as well, and it was CD not Floppy. Two disc set. It ran perfectly fine on Windows XP.

Once again, give me an email and I'll give you the media to download. :)

You can load it off the CD or you can load it "flat". By that I mean you copy all the files to a folder on your hard drive then run the Setup.exe file from there. When prompted for the location of the files point to the folder on the hard drive.