Rotating a camera animation

ponmalar

Hi, Am working on 3ds max 2012,and would like to rotate my camera in an exact circle around a object,so I created a circle, dummy and free camera, i used Path constraint to rotate dummy on circle and linked camera to dummy.... but when i play animation the camera shakes jerking very badly..:?..I want a smooth camera movement.. plz... help...

Why not draw a spline throughout the whole scene where the camera passes. Be sure to use to use the smooth drag types. To achieve a smooth circle you can join other lines together using "connect".

• 4 weeks later...

couldn't you just rotate the dummy?

And when you say jerking are you actually refering to seeing the incremental movement between frames? If that's the case you should add motion blur, or if you're not comfortable with that (or render times, or doing it in a compositng application) you could slow the animation down or render at a higher frame rate.

couldn't you just rotate the dummy?

I dont even think there is need for a dummy, smooth Spline with path constraint+camera should be enough. I believe it would work great if the camera was a target camera.

I think your problem is that you are using a free camera.

Use a target camera.

in the top viewport, create a camera and point the target as close to the centre of the subject geometry as possible. go to one of the side viewports and place the camera target at the desired height.

Create a circle spline from the menu in the top viewport

Use path constraint to tie the camera to the circle

You can raise or lower the circle spline in one of the side viewports.

This should ensure a smooth unjittered fly around the subject.