Very simple i know but how to to get this kind of result from autocad?

earthquaketry

Hi..

I modeled alot of objects in 3d max but they want it look like the photo attached using autocad and i have to do that because i need to have all the dimensions of it and this will be very hard work if i didn't use autocad at least to type the demensions....

I tried using multiple visual sytels in autocad and 3d hidden wireframe works but the there is alot of lines dissappers.....

So what can i do??

thanks for ur time

1-Model.jpg

What lines disappeared that you need?

The lines inside the box that determines the rest of the shelve and the backpanel... all of this doesn't appera when i export the models from 3d max to cad...

I mean it appears but when using 3d hidden visual style it disappears...

I'm really confused about that...

I know nothing about AutoCAD Architecture but in plain AutoCAD I might try resetting the values for the following system variables (done at the command line).

Set VSOBCUREDEDGES to "4".

Set VSEDGES to "1".

I know nothing about AutoCAD Architecture but in plain AutoCAD I might try resetting the values for the following system variables (done at the command line).

Set VSOBCUREDEDGES to "4".

Set VSEDGES to "1".

all it did is isolines disspears... but thanx anyway.... I really begun to hate autoCad

You could always extract the 2D views from your 3D model then dimension those.

ya thanks i remember that but i don't know how to do that .. I mean the steps

2010?

You have four options I believe.

1. Flatshot

2. Sectionplane

3. SolProf

4. Combination of SolView & SolDraw

2012 and 2013 have a fifth option called View Base.

2010?

You have four options I believe.

1. Flatshot

2. Sectionplane

3. SolProf

4. Combination of SolView & SolDraw

2012 and 2013 have a fifth option called View Base.

this sound good unless i don't understand a word I'm 3d max guy ..... Could u just tell me what menu to go and what steps... I'm sorry but i can't get u r saying

Let's back up one sec.

If you are interested in making the perimeter edges of your 3D model stand out more then change the system variable called VSSILHWIDTH. The range is from 1 to 25. Start with a value of 5.

Menus and steps for each of those commands? Ah....that's asking a lot. How about a paper that was presented at AutoDesk University instead?

You will need to open the visual styles manager (VISUALSTYLES), pick the one closest to what you are after. Drag that over into the toolpalettes, now start editing the different settings until you get what you are after. With it in the tool palette you will have that to use again and again. If you modify in the visual styles it won't be there later.

You will need to open the visual styles manager (VISUALSTYLES), pick the one closest to what you are after. Drag that over into the toolpalettes, now start editing the different settings until you get what you are after. With it in the tool palette you will have that to use again and again. If you modify in the visual styles it won't be there later.

I did that hunders of time and the same problem the edges is gone but what i figured it out that the lines isn't gone it's just intersecting with each others inside the geometry but that doesn't make sense because if i want the lines to show i have to move the objects and this will destroy my deminssions... I think i need to remeber the way that was taking a snap shot of the model and then pase it this way i can get both the lines and able to place deminssions because i can't get deminssions either in the 3d view.... really thanks for ur time guys

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39174[/ATTACH]

Is this the look you are seeking?

ya sure this excatly what I'm looking for.. How could i get something like that....

thanks

I changed a few system variables. Then when I was satisfied I saved it as a new visual style. Unfortunately I did it at work and don't recall the ones I changed. I normally don't need or use a visual style like this.

I changed a few system variables. Then when I was satisfied I saved it as a new visual style. Unfortunately I did it at work and don't recall the ones I changed. I normally don't need or use a visual style like this.

I just changed the settings inside the Visual Styles Manager, no need to remember each one's sysvar name.

capture_12122012_142046.jpg

Anyone can do it the easy way. It takes a real masochist to do it using system variables!:shock:

These are the variables I changed.

VSOCCLUDEDEDGES

Controls whether occluded (hidden) edges are displayed.

This is either Off ( 0 ) or On ( 1 ). Turn it on.

VSOBSCUREDLTYPE

Specifies the linetype of obscured (hidden) lines in the visual style applied to the current viewport.

Range: 0-11

Set this to a value of 2 ( Dashed ).

VSSILHWIDTH

Specifies the width in pixels of silhouette edges in the current viewport.

Range: 1-25 Initial value = 5. Higher the number the thicker the edge appears.

Create a new visual style and call it 3ds Max. Save it.