Style & Display Panel Not Showing Under Manage on Ribbon Menu?

integrated-aqua

Hi, I am trying to access the Style menu which should be on the Style & Display Panel, located on the Ribbon Menu under Manage - But I don't have the Style & Display panel on mine. Is this a plugin somewhere that I need to activate, or how do I get it to be visible? Thanks!

NOTE: I have looked in the CUI and don't see anywhere that lists this panel...it is entirely possible that I am looking in the wrong area...I have looked under Menu, Format & Toolbars...thanks again.

Edited by integrated-aqua
addition

Are you referring to the visual styles that allow 3D objects to be shown in different ways?

I don't believe so, no. I don't know how to explain it any better than I did in my first post. I am missing a panel on the Ribbon Menu - under Manage. MEPscreen.jpg

If you click on this image you can see what I am trying to get to - but that cannot be achieved without that Style & Display panel under Manage on the Ribbon Menu. (NOTE: this screenshot is NOT from my machine - I am trying to achieve what is displayed in this screenshot - it was sent to me by someone else.)

I don't have that option when I right click...just a list of options with check boxes in front of them - all are checked????

Are you right clicking in the area I have highlighted?

3.jpg

CAD guy is in a quick meeting...I will get back in a bit. I am just our company's normal IT person trying to find a solution to a problem no one else seems to be able to solve ;-) Not sure about the service packs. I doubt if much extra was installed when we set up the program and floating license as we didn't want to load anymore than we actually needed so that it wouldn't bog down the system. Is there a place in the program I can quickly look to tell you if the service packs have been installed? Thanks everyone!

Well, if you guys did the express install without making any changes, then generally speaking, none of the service packs were installed.

And service packs are what holds all the schematic type symbols, etc? And will allow them to access the Style & Display panel? OK - I will look into this in a few. Thanks!

Tried the right click in the gray area on the ribbon and still nothing that showed up the Style and Display panel. I think we really just somehow don't have it. Would it somehow be in the Load Application area?

No... what you would need to do is to put the installation disk back in and add all the extras that way.

Though that method has been known to fail from time to time.

If it does, just uninstall and reinstall it using the customized method and put everything in.

No... what you would need to do is to put the installation disk back in and add all the extras that way.

Though that method has been known to fail from time to time.

If it does, just uninstall and reinstall it using the customized method and put everything in.

OK - I will try that first thing in the morning and see how it works out for me and will post an update tomorrow. Thanks!

You are in the default AutoCAD Profile and/or Workspace. Go to Options > Profiles and select an MEP Profile instead.

*Note*: if you start the program in the vanilla AutoCAD Profile, and switch to an MEP Profile, all your catalogs and tools won't work. You must start in an MEP profile for all your MEP items to work properly.

*EDIT*

You'll know if you're not in one of the MEP profiles by simply typing the command line version of the tool: STYLEMANAGER or DISPLAYMANAGER. If it returns an unknown command then that's exactly what the problem is.

*EDIT #2*

Thanks SLW for the catch. I'm permanently subscribed to the MEP forum so it notifies me. :thumbsup:

The image in post #3 looks like the OP is in AutoCAD MEP 2013. However, in post #4 the image makes it appear as though he switched (unknowingly?) to plain AutoCAD.

The image in post #3 looks like the OP is in AutoCAD MEP 2013. However, in post #4 the image makes it appear as though he switched (unknowingly?) to plain AutoCAD.

Probably because post #3 was by the OP and post #4 was by someone else.