Scaling Question

Good Morning, I am new to posting but have been looking at the forum for tips and advice for a couple of months now.

I was wondering if there was a command that I could use to find the scale of a drawing. I am having to put some vendor drawings into company borders and I am having to do it by eye currently (which I really do not like doing). I am just curious if there is some way I can find out the scale of the existing vendor dwg so I can scale the border correctly and accuratly.

Thank you,

Allen

I am afraid it can only ever be assumptions. Unless you have a dimension or something that you are 100% sure what the actual dimension is, then you can only assume what scale the drawing is in and make more or less qualified guesses.

Settings such as Dimscale and Units are good, and can be a good indicator - IF the person creating the drawing knew about them.

I am afraid it can only ever be assumptions. Unless you have a dimension or something that you are 100% sure what the actual dimension is, then you can only assume what scale the drawing is in and make more or less qualified guesses.

Settings such as Dimscale and Units are good, and can be a good indicator - IF the person creating the drawing knew about them.

Well, that is what I was afraid of, the first think I usually look for is the scale of the dwg that i am putting the border around, but sadly it doesn't have one.

It is equipment going inside a substation it looks like, unfortunatly I wasn't given any information besides "put these vendor drawings in the company border". I asked my supervisor if there was some "company standard" to the scaling and he said to do it by eye, there is no real way to find out the scale of the drawing. I just wish there was, it would make my life easier by putting my mind at ease that I am scaling the border up perfectly.

It's an equipment drawing. Alright.

You recognize any of this equipment? Maybe there is a transformer you are familiar with?

I'm thinking this was done to an architectural scale.

Is this a big building from the looks of it? Lots of equipment?

Do you have a general sense of the size of the drawing? 18x24? 24x36? 22x34? 36X48? Other?

It looks like a panel door detail (I am not too sure, a bit new to the Electrical field). No clue on the size on the drawing. I was basically just told to do it by eye.

This is taking a bit longer than I expected.

Can you post an image of the drawing?

If it is a panel layout then I would guess the scale is something along the lines of 1 1/2"=1', or 3"=1' or 6"=1'.

Do you recognize anything on the panel? Maybe a gauge or meter, or a push button, a hand-selector switch or an indicator light? We're looking for something that we might actually have a dimension for or could put a tape measure or pocket scale to and get a dimension off of to compare to its counterpart on the drawing. Do you follow me?

Unfortunatly I cannot post an image of the dwg. I apologize for being so vague with my answers. I am just going to play with the border and scale it up to a size that looks about right and then just copy the scale for the rest of the drawings I have to do. I have tried it for about 3 of these drawings and it seems to have worked so far. Thank you for helping ReMark.

I think maybe the company the OP works for designed our power grid system. That would certainly explain a lot. I'm just thankful they don't do jet engine design.

I asked about panel layouts because I have done some for our company. Now most of that work is handled by our electrical engineer.