3D Fasteners etc

jamami

I have recently purchased Product Design Suite. Using Autocad Mechanical, Content explorer shows 3D views of all bolts, nuts washers etc until the final selection level when only 2D views are offered for input to the drawing!. One of the main reasons for me buying PDS was to start reworking around 2000 existing 2D drawings into 3D, having access to 3D nuts/bolts/fasteners would be a huge help and I thought that teh product was shipped with these. Iniatially I intended to use Inventor (which I believe has these 3D fasteners) but have really struggled to make any pogress and cannot afford the time to attend formal training. Is it possible to use the Inventor 3D parts in Acad Mech? or Acad plain for that matter? Are there 3D fasteners in Acad that I just cannot find? Any help will be greatly appreciated.