Line Weight Question

addesigns

I am trying to figure out how to change the line weight of the edges of a wall. I am printing to PDF using BlueBeam and Adobe and when I zoom in, it shows the line weight as if I have thin line turned on on revit. I am trying to just have a solid single color line for the wall. Any ideas? I keep changing and checking things in VG but to no avail. Am I missing something. I think a better way to ask this is....

Will line weights always show up in PDF form no matter if the thickness is set to 1? Wiil it always showas thick, but when you print it will be different

Edited by addesigns

Can you post a couple of screen shots to show us what you mean?
+1 ... usually line weight 1 would be the thinnest line you've setup. At least that's default. If you want thicker lines you'd usually choose a lineweight like 4 or even higher. I think this might be confusing us.

• 1 month later...

If you mean you need to differentiate the different layers of the wall, then you need to turn on the Cut Line Styles in the VG dialog. E.g. here's a cavity brickwork wall with plaster finish to both sides:

capture_01242013_174811.jpg

The way I've enabled this is to turn on the Cut Line Styles:

capture_01242013_174856.jpg

And then add different line weights to each Function of the wall layer:

capture_01242013_174905.png

Of course the wall's cavity should actually have thinner lines, but unfortunately common edged take on the "thickest function's" line weight. There's a work-around though:

capture_01242013_175853.jpg

capture_01242013_174839.png

capture_01242013_175925.png

capture_01242013_175910.jpg