Just received Windows 8 Pro from UPS

Currahee

Going from XP Pro to Win 8 Pro.......Ya'll pray for me, I am formatting this whole station...I will keep you apprised of my doings!!

Here goes...........................

Wow......just 15 min ago I started formatting and installing this OS, now it is finished!!!! WOW This thing screams!!! Will post more pics and info after I put CAD in

Can you believe it.....20min fotmat and install! Shows what 2.25 cpu, 8g m, and 64 bits will do. Now I am downloading all my backed up files. Amazingly fast!

12.jpg

Like I said, You'll like it, initially! :D

Hope you kept a copy of W7 Handy. :P

I was still xpPro....LOL

BTW, I have already installed an app that makes the desktop default.....not those childish tablet tiles

You've got one of these apps? http://www.extremetech.com/computing/141702-how-to-bring-the-start-menu-and-button-back-to-windows-8

I'm hanging back, using Win7 myself. Simply because of the same reason I don't like Ubuntu's Unity and Fedora's Gnome 3 - in both cases I go with Gnome 2 / LXDE / KDE instead (my favourite is KDE). The root cause? Try opening multiple instances of the same program, or close any one single instance without closing the others after you've finally figured out how to trick the OS into opening it multiple times in the first place.