REVIT MEP & Navis works

Nick-H-

How do you go about creating a walkthrough in navisworks with revit mep?

A guy I worked with was always switching between the 2 and doing walk trhoughts with a man and having gravity :? not sure if this makes sense..

or it might of just been a walktrough in revit itself but im sure he exported a file into revit, can anyone who knows what im talking about point me in the right direction?

cheers

Nick

Are you trying to do a walkthrough in Navisworks or in Revit MEP? Or are you trying to export a 3d model from Revit MEP to Navisworks so you can do a walkthrough?

If you create a 3d view in Revit MEP and export that model into a .DWFX file you can open the file into Navisworks and do your walkthrough.

I don't believe there is a way to do a walkthrough in Revit.

Revit can create Walkthroughs. With ease, actually. Link here:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/1468-Document1468/2164-Walkthro2164

Navisworks can create them too and you don't have to export to DWFx first... Revit can export to a native NWC Navisworks File just as long as you have the plugin installed correctly.

8)

*EDIT*

For the record, it's easier (only in my opinion) to do a Walkthrough directly in Revit. Maybe not right off the bat, but once you tinker with the Walkthrough tools in Revit you'll find them easy and intuitive. Plus you have better control over the look and feel of the 3D components. They only thing that sets Navisworks above the rest is you can "record" a walkthrough as you direct the navigation with the mouse and keyboard. So, "technically" Navisworks is easier but it's one of those things you'll have to try both techniques and make your own choice.

I just recall a guy from work exporting his revit model into navisworks. im sure he exported it into a ifc file or something. then he use to do presentations were it showed a man walking round in 3rd person view

Ah, I see. So you want to do "live" walkthroughs in a meeting type environment. Then Navisworks would be the program of choice. And if you have Navisworks installed, go to your Add-Ins tab > External Tools Panel. This is where the Export to Navisworks tool resides.

*EDIT*

Sorry for the edits. Keep hitting "Submit" too quickly. Technically you can use the Navigation Tools in a Camera View in Revit to do walkthroughs but Navisworks reins as champion in the 3D Navigation Tools in my opinion. Revit's are... sub-par at best.

;)