Selected wrong action. Do I have to re-select all of my objects?

walleighworld

Hello again,

This is something that has plagued me for quite some time: occasionally, after going through some painstaking object selection, I accidentally choose the wrong action, for example, Rotate instead of Scale. This is because I don't always use typed commands, but will use the left-click menu for some actions, and Rotate and Scale are right next to each other (it doesn't help that my mouse is a bit jittery sometimes - yes, I need a new mouse). Even with simple object selections, it is annoying to have this happen. If I find that I have made the wrong command choice, I simply want to undo the command choice but keep the objects selected. Is there a way to do this besides clearing it all and starting over? Kind of like the OOPS command, but for actions, not erase?

On a related note, if I have several actions I intend to use on the same set of selected objects, I have to re-select them after each one is completed (not always, but this is sometimes true). Is there a quick re-select command that selects the same group of objects I had last selected?

FYI, I use AutoCAD 2012 LT

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

A very late welcome from me! :oops:

Holding Shift and going over object will also unslect them. Holding Ctrl and selecting will pick out individual items.