Dont know why but cant install my Architecture 2013

Currahee

I don't know why but cant install my Architecture 2013...it gets to the very end and say a fatal error. I have even downloaded a copy off of Autodesk website just to see if my disk was bad...same thing. I have installed my AutoCAD 2013 and my Inventor 2012......no problem .....

I believe that if you have any of the updates installed for Autocad 2013 there is an issue installing any of the verticals.

As I recall, strange as it seems you need to uninstall the update, and possibly Vanilla too, and start over with a fresh install,

but I have no Windows 8 specific information. :huh:

I don't know why but cant install my Architecture 2013...it gets to the very end and say a fatal error. I have even downloaded a copy off of Autodesk website just to see if my disk was bad...same thing. I have installed my AutoCAD 2013 and my Inventor 2012......no problem .....

Yes...it is

I believe that if you have any of the updates installed for Autocad 2013 there is an issue installing any of the verticals.

As I recall, strange as it seems you need to uninstall the update, and possibly Vanilla too, and start over with a fresh install,

but I have no Windows 8 specific information. :huh:

Thanks Dad but how to go about doing this?

If you see the installation log, you may see 1603 error code. You can see it in temporary folder.

If you see this, then this is because Microsoft Visual C++ installation. If in your machine installed newer version than in installation media, the error will occur.

You need to uninstall ALL Microsoft Visual C++ installation then try to install it again. Don't worry, AutoCAD will reinstall all prerequisites again.

This is on your new Win8 system correct?

Yes my Windows 8 64bit

If you see the installation log, you may see 1603 error code. You can see it in temporary folder.

If you see this, then this is because Microsoft Visual C++ installation. If in your machine installed newer version than in installation media, the error will occur.

You need to uninstall ALL Microsoft Visual C++ installation then try to install it again. Don't worry, AutoCAD will reinstall all prerequisites again.

Yea I figured that out:beer:....As you have probably seen by now I posted here for others if they need it:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?76217-Finally-got-my-AutoCAD-amp-Architecture-2012-installed-on-my-Windows-8-machine