Leader with preset value tags in dynamic block

rajeev_acpl

I am trying to make dynamic blocks to show reinforced slab bars detail. Attached herewith is a dynamic block which shows the bars. Now i want to attach a leader to the block (having framed text) whose text values may vary from a, b, c, d, to say k. Is there anyway by which is can have the preset values that can be picked from a pull down menu.

Reinforcement Bars.dwg

Will all your reinforced designs be detailed as blocks?

If so I have a lisp routine that can extract "pre-defined" data that can be entered during the block creation that would allow a multi-leader to extract the "description" information.

I don't know if this would be something you would be interested in.

p.s, It's Christmas holiday time, and alot of people will be on holiday/vacation at the moment. That will be a reason that there is no quick reply.

Please be patient.

Thanks Steve,

The lisp is great but i am looking for something different. You must have used leader with text frame. The beauty of them is the frame gets automatically adjusted according to text string size and shape. Now what i am trying to achieve can be done by using TAG and i can edit the tag by double clicking the block (you see, the same block will be inserted multiple times and each may have different tag attribute. But do i get a frame around text that adjust its size according to text string.

Please have a look at the block. I want the frame around text, the line and the donut to move alongwith the text. Also when the block is rotated, the text should remain horizontal.

Test.dwg