Printer/Plotter How big is yours?

Currahee

'bout 11 yrs ago I sold my old 36" pin plotter and since I was working for a Architectural firm at the time I saw no use to buy another. I was working out of my home and we emailed all work back and forth. Then after I left and went into business for myself all I had was a HP 1220 11x17. This had worked out great up until a few months ago. I would use the 11x17 for all my preliminary drawings and when I need the final set of my construction documents I would email them to a my local CAD shop that offered a plotting service. It has worked great for me, I didnt have to waste that large amount of office space and the cost was minimal. Well now I dont have my 11x17 anylonger and was wondering ya'lls thought on this?

You used to be able to get a 11x17 printer that just prints, but now they are few and far between. I dont need all that scanning, copying, faxing on that printer, I have another one that does all that. Do any of you know where to get good used "C" plotter. I have looked all over the internet to no avail....just wondered what ya'll use?

Thanks

Edited by Currahee

Brother has been advertising a 11x17 ledger printer and I've been somewhat drooling over it for my home office. Here's a link:

http://www.brother-usa.com/mfc/Multifunction_With_Ledger_Printing/#.UNhnTW883EY

I've been keeping a lookout on craigslist for 11x17 only printers for a long time and never could find one that was ever worth it without spending too much money. I'm not a fan of Inkjets though and that's my only hesitation for this model Brother I've linked above. But still, after the holidays settle down I think it may be my next home office purchase.

Hope this might help in what you're after. I know it's not size "C" like you were mentioning but it will give you 11x17 at least.

*EDIT*

Actually, I was browsing through some of the reviews and lots of people aren't giving it good reviews at all. My needs would be far less than some, and I'm probably more computer savvy than your average user but it does raise a bit of an awareness for me. I might have to find a retail store that's willing to let me print a few things first before I buy.

Just my $0.02.

Brother has been advertising a 11x17 ledger printer and I've been somewhat drooling over it for my home office. Here's a link:

http://www.brother-usa.com/mfc/Multifunction_With_Ledger_Printing/#.UNhnTW883EY

I've been keeping a lookout on craigslist for 11x17 only printers for a long time and never could find one that was ever worth it without spending too much money. I'm not a fan of Inkjets though and that's my only hesitation for this model Brother I've linked above. But still, after the holidays settle down I think it may be my next home office purchase.

Hope this might help in what you're after. I know it's not size "C" like you were mentioning but it will give you 11x17 at least.

I too have seen that one andd have it on my to-get list if I cant find a good used plotter...Thanks