Inconsistent edge-face relationship

trosco

Hello,

I am trying to make a fairly simple door. I made a design to sweep from (the yellow spline) and a blue circle to create a cylinder, which I plan to union with the door. The problem is that after doing this, I cannot union or subtract this solid from the door itself, because of "inconsistent edge-face relationship".

Any ideas on how to work around this problem? I could try a different approach on this, maybe using something different than a spline to make the sweep path (autocad crashed 3 times while trying to extrude a spline instead of the circle - I abandoned that).

door1.dwg

screen1.jpg

I've received an e-mail about a reply suggesting I try using the interfere command, but I can't see the reply here (maybe it's deleted). This command also tells me "inconsistent edge-face relationship".

I'll be gone for the next few days, please excuse me if I don't reply. When I get back, I'm going to start work on this (I have to have the project done by the 7th).

I've received an e-mail about a reply suggesting I try using the interfere command, but I can't see the reply here (maybe it's deleted). This command also tells me "inconsistent edge-face relationship".

I'll be gone for the next few days, please excuse me if I don't reply. When I get back, I'm going to start work on this (I have to have the project done by the 7th).

I posted that suggestion, but when I had a few minutes and tried it, I was unable to get any further

with it than you had, so rather than send you on what turned out to be a wild goose chase I just deleted it.

Thank you anyway for that, Dadgad.

well I've managed to come to a partial solution - turning the spline into a pline. With a high enough precision, I can make to to match the shape of the spline pretty well, and that is enough for me.

As far as I can understand, the problem is that if I sweep the circle along the spline, at the corners it intersects itself. Does anybody know a way of overcoming this?

Thank you anyway for that, Dadgad.

well I've managed to come to a partial solution - turning the spline into a pline. With a high enough precision, I can make to to match the shape of the spline pretty well, and that is enough for me.

As far as I can understand, the problem is that if I sweep the circle along the spline, at the corners it intersects itself. Does anybody know a way of overcoming this?

If that is all the problem is, then you could break it into 4 plines before sweeping, by moving two of them away orthogonally by a known distance.

After you have swept them all, move them back by the known amount, then you could SLICE the corners to create the miters.

You will need to make a few copies of them before you SLICE them and reassemble them.

Once you have done that you should be able to UNION them, if you want to.