Plate #3 structural

solo8591

The entire project is flawed. There have to be well over a dozen errors.

Yes, the slab thickness where it meets the inside face of the exterior wall will be different at both ends. However, the overall building height will not change.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• solo8591

• bracken2

• chovek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Remark

Hi

I'm trying to work on this plate # 3 and 4 but I'm having problems on what is should look like I see this one but it hard to read, I trying to do the out side wall of the building.

I needed to build a 14" wide steel plate welded to the top end of the steel column. weld is a 1/2 fillet-14" steel plate is 1 1/2" thick at its exterior edge and slopes toward the building interior at a rate of 1/4 every 1'-0"

I'm not sure what is should look like. please help.

Remark

Hi

I'm trying to work on this plate # 3 and 4 but I'm having problems on what is should look like I see this one but it hard to read, I trying to do the out side wall of the building.

I needed to build a 14" wide steel plate welded to the top end of the steel column. weld is a 1/2 fillet-14" steel plate is 1 1/2" thick at its exterior edge and slopes toward the building interior at a rate of 1/4 every 1'-0"

I'm not sure what is should look like. please help.

P-F Top plate.jpg

The object at the top is a 14" wide x 1 1/2" thick plate shown in section. It is not beveled.

The object below is beveled at 1/4" per foot. The height on the left is 1 13/64" compared to 1 1/2" on the right. Notice the red dashed line. That represents the portion of the plate that would have to be ground down to achieve the slope required.

Does this help?