Multileader Tag Numbers Lost

Hello everyone I've searched this site in the past for help when things weren't going as planned in Autocad and always had good results so I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I encountered today.

I had been working in a drawing for several days and thought I had it finished when a few days later a co-worker opened it and mentioned that the multileaders I had used throughout had all lost their tag number attribute and reverted back to a circle with the words "tag number" inside the circle. They still show as multileaders under properties and they aren't exploded or anything, they just seem to have lost the tag numbers. I've never encountered this before and since I wasn't the last person to access the drawing before they reverted I don't know if any other funny business went on to make this happen. I added some more multileaders to the drawing since (neglecting to fix the ones that reverted until I had more time to investigate) and have saved and those seem to still be fine after saving and being opened by co-workers.

Has anyone encountered this before or know what could cause this. I'm using 2011 but we save most files down to 2000 or 2004 for our ancient burn table and the person who opened the file last was on 2013. Like I said this was the first time I've ever seen this happen and I'm hoping their is a quick fix so I don't have to go through the whole drawing replacing the tag numbers. Thanks for any help!

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Try using the BURST command on one of them.

I suspect strongly that 2013 was the culprit.

It has been known to strip Dynamic Attributes from blocks, among other things.

Keep a block library safe somewhere, far from the 2013 user as a safety.

Thanks, I tried the burst command but it wouldn't let me select the multileader. When I would click one it would just say 0 objects found. I already went through the drawing, copying and pasting the multileaders from a backup from a few days ago but this really bugs me. I wish I knew what the culprit/reason was especially if it is going to happen again with our 2013 license. Any other ideas? anyone?

Has the person who is using 2013 downloaded and installed SP1.1 from the Autodesk site?

Care should be taken to download the correct (meaning 32 or 64 bit) version.

• 1 year later...
Hello everyone I've searched this site in the past for help when things weren't going as planned in Autocad and always had good results so I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I encountered today.

I had been working in a drawing for several days and thought I had it finished when a few days later a co-worker opened it and mentioned that the multileaders I had used throughout had all lost their tag number attribute and reverted back to a circle with the words "tag number" inside the circle. They still show as multileaders under properties and they aren't exploded or anything, they just seem to have lost the tag numbers. I've never encountered this before and since I wasn't the last person to access the drawing before they reverted I don't know if any other funny business went on to make this happen. I added some more multileaders to the drawing since (neglecting to fix the ones that reverted until I had more time to investigate) and have saved and those seem to still be fine after saving and being opened by co-workers.

Has anyone encountered this before or know what could cause this. I'm using 2011 but we save most files down to 2000 or 2004 for our ancient burn table and the person who opened the file last was on 2013. Like I said this was the first time I've ever seen this happen and I'm hoping their is a quick fix so I don't have to go through the whole drawing replacing the tag numbers. Thanks for any help!

Try changing ATTMODE (variable) to 1 or 2 , its probably now on 0