printer options

084x4larry

what is the process to get the autocad print/plot dialogue box to open up already choosing a certain printer out of the available ones you may have?

Page set up.

Appreciate the response but its so vague im not sure what u mean. but when i invoke plot in an autocad session i immeditatly get a warning about it not finding the driver for some printer... i then have to skip that warning and then go in the print dialogue box and manually scroll through all my available printers and pick the one that i use 99% of the time. i know theres a way to make it already have that one chosen as soon as i invoke the print command...

Sorry, with this in the "Drawing Management & Output" forum, I assumed you new what "page set up" meant.

This is happening because the "page set up" is calling for a printer you do not have. You need to save the file with a proper "page set up" that calls for your printer. You can either apply the settings to the "page set up" from the plot dialog box or from the "page set up" dialog.

Sorry, with this in the "Drawing Management & Output" forum, I assumed you new what "page set up" meant.

This is happening because the "page set up" is calling for a printer you do not have. You need to save the file with a proper "page set up" that calls for your printer. You can either apply the settings to the "page set up" from the plot dialog box or from the "page set up" dialog.

that worked. thanks. only problem is any drawing that was not saved that way will still come up asking for stuff not available... guess theres no way around that. but what u said worked. thanks again!

1 Set up your DWT with the page setup in it set all your plot paraemeter then using "apply to layout" clicked, save this plot setup with a name then simply hit cancel the plot set up is remembered.

2 Do plot, Click on the page setup top left, at bottom is "import" so you can open the page setup from another dwg and bring it in.

3 after 2 if plotting multiple layouts got top left and click "previous plot" "apply to layout" and save dwg as normal.

I think there is a way to assign a printer to replace one that is not present instead of AutoCAD's default to go to the None printer, but I cannot find it at the moment.

Hi not sure what your options are in 2011 but if you go to "options" do you get a plot publish tab? You can in the later version set your default printer there. I'm not sure if this will change your default printer for any other software though.