Auto Cross ref

STEVAR

Hi,

I am setting up a master set of electrical drawings and will take a copy of selected sheets from this drawing set for each new contract depending on the requirements of the contract. I have set-up auto wire cross referencing on the master set of drawings. However I need the auto wire cross referencing to update when sheets are removed from the drawings set. I am unsure how this can be done. If I take a copy of the master set of drawings with the auto cross ref set-up then remove sheets and run the auto wire cross update then I assume it will simply just put question marks against the wire cross ref where the sheets no longer exist. I obviously need to tell autocad where the wires are going after sheets are removed. Is there a way to do this. Can you set 'OR' options for wire cross referercing????

Thanks in advance.

When you are saying "auto wire cross" are you talking about e-Transmittal? Or am I being ignorant and not understanding your question correctly? Is this a ACE only option? Are you talking about purging your drawings when e-Transmitting them? Are you setting the purge option when the files are transmitted? If I understand the e-Transmittal option correctly the purge of drawings you select are done with no notification and I dont think it can be changed.

Sorry if I cant be of more help

Thanks for your reply.

I mean that all the wires are linked across the drawing set and if a wire number changes I can run 'update signal reference' and the wire numbers will be updated throughout the drawing set. I am not sure what E-transmittal is. Often sheets will be removed from the drawing set and so that will throw the wire cross referencing out on some sheets and this will need to be manually checked and corrected. I am trying to avoid doing this. Can you advise.

Thanks for your reply.

I mean that all the wires are linked across the drawing set and if a wire number changes I can run 'update signal reference' and the wire numbers will be updated throughout the drawing set. I am not sure what E-transmittal is. Often sheets will be removed from the drawing set and so that will throw the wire cross referencing out on some sheets and this will need to be manually checked and corrected. I am trying to avoid doing this. Can you advise.

I do understand your problem now, but that sounds like something that is unique to AEC and I havent ever run it so I dont have any ideas...sorry

I have been working in Acade for a while now and I don't think what you are suggesting is possible at this stage, at least not without some serious hacking/scripting. There are a few ways the cross referencing falls down, and that level of flexibility is one of them. I have not done any scripting but I would love to know more about it, so if any clever person out there does have a creative solution for this, I would be very interested.