Problem to print, Forces Autocad to close!

paisis123

Hello CAD tutor, and hello world! :D

I had something that is DEFIANTLY repeatable but there is no option or dialogue box that AutoCAD shutdown on me. Regardless, Here's my situation.

I work on my drawing, Select print. Input that I want the paper size to be 11 x 17 at a 1:1 scale. Though as soon as I hit print, it freezes, crashes and fails. Forcing me to close AutoCAD. (That's why its good habit to always save before doing a print.)

here is the screen shot. :(

Print Error.jpg

Any ideas or fixes? Here is any relevant information that might help...

Im using AutoCAD 2011

Computer Specs:

CPU - Intel Core i3

RAM - 4 GBS

OS- 64 bit Win 7

Printer : HP lazer jet 4050T

Do you utilize the Plot Preview feature before each plot?

That makes it Freeze in the same manner, it refuses to do 11 x 17 for some reason.

I've had the same problem, from time to time, but it usually happens after doing a Print Preview so on the second try I skip that step and the drawing prints.

Interesting, though it don't work regardless what order or settings you do it. It still refuses and crashes when set to 11 x 17.

Have you updated the printer driver?

From the looks of the message, sounds like a Windows problem. You run any third party APPs or Add-ons?

Have you updated the printer driver?

From the looks of the message, sounds like a Windows problem. You run any third party APPs or Add-ons?

The printer drivers are all updated and there is no third party apps or add ons that im currently using. So this is as perplexing as ever.

HERE is an Autodesk Knowledge base Article for AutoCAD® Architecture 2010, might be relevant.

Okay, Added followed the instructions, and made a succesfull change to the registry, but still has the same problem. I guess I have to use my coworkers PC to make it work. he is still running AutoCAD 2000