Save Current Map to AutoCAD - SHP points as blocks Map3D 2013

JASTON

Hi. I'm using the point style editor to display my imported shp file points as blocks. However, when using the 'Save Current Map to AutoCAD' command and open the resulting dwg file, my blocks have been translated to simple geometry. For example, using a block that contains nothing more than a simple circle as a point style results in a dwg file that displays the block as a polygon. I need it to write the dwg file with the block. This was never an issue in Map3D 2011. Is there a setting that is causing this issue? Thanks.

So here is what I have so far. Apparently the command 'MAPEXPORTCURRENTMAPTODWG' (from 2011) has been split up into two commands - the new command being 'MAPTOACAD'. The 'mapexport..' command will export to dwg, however it will not retain blocks used for point feature styles. 'Maptoacad' will open a wizard to take you on a merry three-part tour. At this point, if you have created a drawing template with your block (of the same name) it will show up at its original size.

• 3 months later...

I'm currently having the same problem with map3d 2013. I have multiple circles with fill and when I save to autocad all I get are a few lines where the circles should be. I worked earlier in the day. Did I accidentally change a setting?