Managing Block

raj

i have few blocks around 70 numbers i want to put them in a (universal block) single sheet and insert them when i need them in other sheet instead of creating each drawing file for each block

how to i create such blocks and how do i insert them when required in a sheet

thank you in advance

Have you given any thought to putting the blocks on a custom Tool Palette?

Create all your blocks on layer "0" so that when inserted into a drawing (via the Insert command or drag-n-drop from the Design Center) they assume the color and linetype of the layer they are inserted on. I would also recommend that when prompted for a basepoint that you pick somewhere on your geometry rather than using 0,0,0.

i have not given any blocks on a custom Tool Palette

i have seen a application where all were in single drawing and while inserting it asks for the block name and it get the block from the single drawing sheet having 100's of blocks how do i mange these and call the particular block at a instance form block dwg to required dwg what would be the block inserting code for it

by far the easiest way to get blocks from other drawings is by using Design_Centre or as remark has said, from a palette (although hundreds of blocks might be pushing it). It is not easy to extract blocks from other drawings using code. However Lee Mac has a routine called (something like) "steal from" which might do what you want.