Trying to select a door causes entire wall and door to be selected. Why?

JamFam

I can't figure out what I've done but here is my problem. I've drawn a room in Autocad Architecture 2011. I've got layers for doors, windows stairs etc. I've noticed that one door needs to have it's elevation changed. But when I try to select the door, the door and the entire wall it's in gets selected and I can't edit (move) the door. I can't do anything to the door. I don't want to explode the entire selection because I think it will cause more problems that what I currently have. The wall and the door when selected are identified as a "Block Reference". I have no idea how that happened.If you think you can help please post back.

Thanks to all.

Edited by JamFam

Can you edit that block reference?

Highlight that section, right click on the section, and look for where it says "Block Editor" near the top of that menu. There may be another option for "Edit block in-place." This works if there's not multiple blocks within a block; if there are, then within the "Block Editor" , Explode that layer. Note that this will ask you to save your current block work before moving onto focusing on the new exploded section as within this editor you can't work on multiple exploded section in one screen.

I use AutoCAD 2012 Vanilla, but I doubt your software won't have this feautre.

Hope this helps. :)

If you do not want it to be a block reference, explode it.

I don't think Jam wants to explode if possible, but is my post correct due to how it is based off AutoCAD 2012 experience?

So here is what I did. I exploded the wall and deleted the door frame and wall. Drew another wall and door. Now it's ok. I have a new challenge. I can't delete my dimensions?

The command line reads:

Command: _.erase 1 found

1 was not in the working set.

Thanks

Dimension deletion Issue solved. Go to Home tab, select dimensions that won't delete. On the Home Tab go to the Edit Reference Ribbon. With the dimensions you want deleted highlighted, select "Add to working set". Then delete those unwanted dimensions.

Happy Cading