mapexport to shapefile

Double Drop

I am trying Mapexport for the first time & I am missing something.

I have searched for steps to use the command & can't find any help.

Does anyone have a step by step process for using mapexport to create a shape file?

Have you read the help files on it? What are you trying to export? Are you knowledgeable on the shp file types and format? Migth also want to ask in the Map Forum here.

All I am trying to do is export a polyline that is closed to a shape file. I have the help files & as I work through the steps I am doing something wrong

Issue the "Mapexport" command, make sure you select ESRI Shape file as the file type in the dialog, give the new file a name, select OK. In the next dialog select the object type, if you have a closed pline then Polygon, if it is not closed then line. Press the select button It's the first button that looks like a circle/triangle and binoculars. Select the Pline. If the object type and selection is correct then you should see at the bottom of the dialog 1 sected, 0 filtered out. Presss the ok button. Keep in mine that just because the endpoints of a pline meet or you used the "CLOSE" option to end the pline command doesn't mean it is a closed pline, and only CLOSED plines and be exported to polygon shape type. Look at the properties palette and see if it is closed.

I have gotten that far & yes it is a closed polyline. Then do you have to select any other items or go to the data tab? Thanks for the help

If that is the only polyline you want to export then no need to select anything else, if you want and have more plines then yes select them. If you have data attached to the line as in Object Data or want to take some properties like layer and color then yes go to the data tab and select the data/attributtes to export.