• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Able339

• Murph_map

• Ollie8974

If you have an email address, would you give it to me? I can most easily send an email. I have not tried saving to C: but I will soon do it.

I can PM you here with my email address if you'd like.

Give me a moment. I'll be back.

I'm back. Look under the word Notifications in the upper right hand corner of your screen. There should be a numeral 1 indicating you have a private message in your In Box. I'll be looking forward to your email. Be aware however I am going to be at my computer maybe another 30 minutes or so at most today. Time now: 3:41 pm EDST

There was a version of Autocad LT that was given to people who had generic cadd when autocad discontinued it in 1997. It was an almost full featured autocad with just a few things missing from it. It came on about 10 3.5" floppies. You could use either the autocad comands or the 2 letter generic cad commands. He might have that version. It had lots of problems and was discontinued the next year.

Update.

I received a DXF file from the OP late yesterday afternoon. I passed along a couple of comments but otherwise his drawing did not appear to have any major problems.

Able: Did you want me to post a copy of your drawing for others to see or won't that be necessary now?

The old CAD version that I had when I was working never gave me problems. It was as far as I know, a full blown version. I now run CAD Lt 97. I had to install it in a virtual XP as Win 7 pro wouldn't run it as the Win pro is a 64 bit stytem. Thing is... before my original virtual XP got corrupted, I had both Lt 97 ANAD full blown CAD 14 installed. Now that Virtual XP is "r3epaired", i was able to install 97 but it will not accept CAD 14 in either the Win Pro or the Lt 97.

You should seriously consider downloading DraftSight and give it a try. It is free. It is strictly 2D. A user's manual is available in PDF format and the program is very similar to AutoCAD.

Mark: I have been using aCad Lt 97 for a little while... I just recently reinstalled it as I had a problem with virtual XP and had to have that fixed (reinstalled). I tried, yesterday to install aCAD 14 but the virtual XP (which is supposed to be 32 bit) wouldn't accept is as I got a message that I couldn't install aCAD 14 in a 64 bit system. Odd, as prior to the XP prob that I had to have reinstalled, I had it installed in virtual XP... I have managed to get my drawing to accept a hatch (concrete) by fiddling with the scale factor. I vaguely remembered something about that so I tries several scales and finally hit on one that worked. At one time I checked out the hatch on a larger (1" x 2") rectangle that I drew in an open area on my Workshop plan and the hatch didn't work there either..... Several hours later I tried that again and the hatch DID work!!! More odd.... As it stands now, I have the 38' x 4" slab (sectional view) hatched. No prob there now. I do, however wish I had help re: articulating things. Such as two 2 x 4's hinged together and being able to smoothly articulate one of them... or even a door type drwg that i could open and close - swing thru it's paces... I used to be able to do that but for the life of me, I can't remember how! In an earlier "reply" I described a trim press unloader that i designed back when I still worked for a living. It worked on a shuttle action and I was able to make the tray move in and out of the trim press (as an aCAD drwg) . I repeat, for the life of me, I cannot remember how I did it. THat was on the old full blown aCAD program I had at work. I'm going to hit the manuals again and try to find some reference to how it was or can be done. I hope I can do it with Lt 97. Thank you for your efforts to help an old fart.

How long ago did Full AutoCad have dynamic blocks? They added them to LT in the 2007 version. You can articulate things with them.