Customize description styles in Autocad Structural Detailing.

kristopuleshi

Hi everybody.

I'm using Autocad Structural detailing and my question is this :

1.Is it possible to change the description styles in order to get drawing in my language (I mean not in default program languages English,Russian, etc)?????

I want to rename the element name from its original name (lets say "Column") to my personalized one in my language (lets say Kollone).

Column=>Kollone

Beam=> Tra

Plate => Pllake and so on..

I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks !

Moderators will move questions to the proper forum when warranted. Having the same question posted in multiple forums only leads to confusion when trying to follow the course of the conversation. I'm sure you see the value in this. No more to be said.

As to your question I would think that it would be handled in the profile database. The database stores parameter information, naming conventions, engineering data, etc. Do you know where the databases are stored?

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

On the 3D Modeling ribbon have you tried in Settings > Project Preferences?

With the MODIFY option you can change the names to what ever you want.

Yes I have tried everything in Settings>Project Preferences but I wasn't able to do the change (my country isn't listed in Autocad defaults). I mean, I just want the output drawings/list of materials to be printed in my own language (not English, not Russian, not French, none of the Autocad default languages).Is it possible to edit the name of the tables and the name of the elements ?? Thanks

Sorry ReMark, I had not read your post previously. Anyway could you indicate me the way step by step?? (where the database is stored and which of the file do I have to modify??)..

I believe the databases are stored in C:\Program Files\Common Files\AutoDesk Shared\Structural\Common Data\Data\Prof.

I could not begin to instruct you step-by-step in the space allotted here. However, first of all you'd have to find the correct database to edit according to the standards that you follow. I would create a copy of this database but give it an unique name. Do NOT edit the original.

Are you a student?

Yeah son, I wish I was a student (again) so I could learn from the begining these softwares. Anyway i followed the path you told me and I could only get a similiar one C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Structural\COM where are located one folder named "2011" and one file named "ROOIeAx", which both seem uneditable to me (even the files in the expanded "2011" folder).Could you indicate me the type of file (the extension type) to be easier for me to find ??

This is the best I can do for you. It is a link to the 2009 AutoDesk University course by Adam Sheater entitled "AutoCAD Structural Detailing Standards & Template Development" (AU course number SE9214-1). I don't know how well it will match up to what you are using but it is worth looking at.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/60229210/Autocad-Structural-Detailing-Standards