Laser Cutting

70patrick-smyth70

Autcad 2011 set up with classic toolbars. I am self taught in Autocad.

When I send a DWG to a subcontractor for laser cutting they have to do a lot of work tidying up my drawings.Duplicate Lines Corners not quite matching up Etc.

How can I check my dwgs before I send and how can I show where problems are so that i can put it right.

When I loaded 2011 I set it up with Classic tool bars. How do I reset for the new toolbars?

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

I take that to mean that you want to give the ribbon a try?

Type RIBBON at the commandline.

You should try using the OVERKILL command to delete duplicated lines.

When you draw are you using your ONAPS?

You should be.

Can you post a sample drawing here, not a screenshot, but a .dwg file for us to take a look at?

It would help us to better help you.

If you choose to, use the GO ADVANCED button, then the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button,

and browse to the file you want to post. Don't forget to UPLOAD it, then close the attachment dialog.

When your post is ready, hit SUBMIT REPLY.

CNC software does not like geometry that overlaps and lines that do not meet. Take Dadgad's advice, always use osnaps and use overkill. Neat little command that allows you select an object, or many objects and it will delete all overlapping lines

Use your snaps more for non joining you can customise the settings I use mainly end cen mid node and I have it as a shortcut "39" this is the osmode variable value get used to F3 this turns snap on & off If you have perp as an option this can grab the wrong point.