Autocad structural detailing,anyone familiar with this?

dannysteel

I'm beginning to draw some structural drawings in cad 2011,but most of the people are drawing these drawings with tekla structures,i have autocad structural detailing and i want to learn how to draw with it.tekla is a expensive program but im confident that i can accomplish the same using autocad sd. Can anyone help me, guide me thru this program? :)

Is there a dedicated Tekla forum where one can obtain help, hints, tutorials and alike?

Find Basic Concepts and free web tutorials here...http://www.tekla.com/us/Pages/Default.aspx

yeah i know but i don't have the program is too expensive and i'm not working for a company that has it.actually i don't have a job right now.I was working at a structural steel company laying out beams you know reading prints fabricating the part etc. but I want to work in the office now i've been studying cad and i like it,I'm already drawing well still learning stuff,I already apply at some companies as a detailer drawing but i'm pretty nervous it will be my first job as a detailer drawing and stuff.That's why I'm not into tekla right now cause i can't practice it.but before tekla everything was drawn in autocad so it can do the same,maybe more commands or stuff but a the end the same final product.

So you are looking for tutorials for your AutoCAD Structural program?

Find Getting Started help and User Guides here...http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=13111928

Check out some of the YouTube videos and consider trying to find a three-day class taught by a reputable AutoDesk reseller.

Yeah i guess

You did read my whole response did you not?

In the meantime perhaps one of the forum members knowledgeable in the program will come to your rescue. Keep your fingers crossed.

I took a quick look at Structural Detailing Guide. It is 165 pages! Now that's a guide!! Go check it out.

Authorized training centers can be located via the AutoDesk website. Start here...http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=14238659&siteID=123112

dannysteel:

Not sure what you are trying to do, but, I am using AUTOCADLT 2000 which is a 2D program but I have not found anything that can not be worked out with it. Could you give us a sample or idea of what you are trying to draw?

welldriller

Dannysteel is hoping to generate steel detailing drawings on par with a very powerful program called Tekla Structures. While AutoCAD LT may be used for all sorts of drawings I think danny is looking for something with more built-in detailing functionality. One of the AutoCAD vertical products would seem far more suited to the task than LT.