3D solid to 3D mesh

nkme2007

Sir, I am working on 3D modelling of a building in AutoCAD 2010. The 3D model has 7 elements ie... walls, roof and its constituents and floor and its constituents. I have to mesh the 3D model created so that I can use the meshed model for further analysis. Is there any method for meshing the created 3D model in AutoCAD?Model.dwg

Drawing1.dwg

I guess you are in the wrong place, sir, because here we talk about Civil, not about "normal" Autocad.

Anyway, one command to transform a solid into an empty mesh (i.e. a waterproof surface) is _3DSOUT.

Then you open a new drawing, and _3DSIN the resulting file.

smile.gif

smile.gif

You have to manually write _3DSOUT in the command line: if you have no command line, click CTRL-9 to restore it, sir.

As already said, this is one of the classic methods to get the goal (I use Map2006) but maybe there are others...

smile.gif

But, 3DSOUT is removed from AutoCAD 2010 onwards.... Can we do it in any other way, Emigrato?

I am sorry Organic, I have post 3 posts in different sub forums that I thought are relevent to my doubt.

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

We understand why you posted it in multiple forums,

but it is widely frowned upon by forum members and site administrators.

I would suggest that you delete your other posts, or we could just leave it for an administrative solution.

No doubt it will be moved to the forum deemed most appropriate, and the others removed,

if you haven't already done so.

It becomes confusing for members who are tracking a thread, if it is shown in multiple forums. :)

opensource blender?

If you don't wanna install a master software like Blender only to convert a file, feel free to _WBLOCK those solids, then attach here the zipped .DWG so I can mesh them for you, sir.

:)

Well, Blender is a non-Autodesk product, so it's independent from Autocad.

Check this out, sir.

:)

Thank you sir... Can I be able to mesh the pipes that are there in the ceiling and the floor also? And, can you help me out about where I can download the software for meshing and how to edit the mesh for further analysis purpose??