Stair Landings

addesigns

I have a question about intermidiate stair landings. I am wondering if it is possible to change the height of the landing for stairs. I need it to be 1 inch higher than the level. I cant change the offset because I need the c channel to remain exactly where it is. I need the landing to be flush, not 1 inch lower. Is there a solution?

By code in most jurisdictions, stair risers must be the same height throughout the entire run. If the height of the landing is not working out, then there is an error in the stair design. You might offer a more detailed description of your problem, or attach a copy of the stair drawing here. It will speed up the helping process. Are you working with an existing "C" channel already fixed in place? You should be able to locate the landing channels wherever they need to be. If they are not in the right place, then on-site replacement will be required.

+1 for giving a sample / sketch of what you're after.

+1 for the regs on stairs. The NFPA standards allow for no more than a 1% variance between consecutive flights' riser heights. And it gives a specified maximum rise per flight - thus you don't have a lot of leeway. So your half-landing must be very close to a factor of the calculated riser height between floors - usually halfway ±1 riser. That's of course if the stair is also used as a fire escape - which most are.

As for Revit/ACad ... I'm thinking you might be using Revit since most "Suites" come with both. But if you can state which version that might also help us figure a solution for you - especially since 2013's stairs are a bit different from before.

• 1 month later...

Can you change the stringers? Adjust the rise of each step divided by 1" I am not sitting in front of my computer, but will Revit put in the rough frame or finished product? If its a rough frame then the finished steps and kick boards will mot be included. Sry if this doesn't help, I'm still new