Can somenoe please help me. Will pay

Dartz

Its my 2nd week of autocad, and my prof gave me this assignment but we haven't covered it in class.

Please guide me and teach me how to finish this. If you have skype or any sort of instant messaging please tell me.

I am suppose to construct this with the construction lines hidden at the end

rtm074.jpg[/img]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Dartz

• Dadgad

• Organic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Post an image that shows the dimensions. Ask questions. We will guide you. Nobody here (at least the majority of us) will do your assignment for you. If we did how would YOU learn?

A quick look tells me the Circle command is obviously going to play a large part in the construction of the object. One option of that command called TTR (tan-tan-radius) will come in handy. The Trim and Mirror commands could be utilized as well. You are familiar with the use of OSnaps right?

As ReMark noted, you will need dimensions to draw these figures correctly. Study the Circle, Line, Offset, and Fillet commands. Don't be afraid to draw temporary lines for placing objects, you can always erase them later.

Post an image that shows the dimensions. Ask questions. We will guide you. Nobody here (at least the majority of us) will do your assignment for you. If we did how would YOU learn?

I am not asking you to do it bro, like I said guide and teach me. I want to learn myself because you guys won't be there to help me on the exams

I really want someone that has skype or some sort of instant messaging so we can talk quickly

Please post an image that has dimensions and any other pertinent information on it.

The words "Will Pay" are in the thread title.

Edited by ReMark

HomeworkAssist.PNG

I did this without any dimensions. It's close but not exact.

The Circle command with TTR option was used in four areas of the drawing. It can also be used when creating the other view.

Edited by ReMark

What have you accomplished so far? Anything at all?

Is this your first assignment?

I looked at the assignment which in this case is actually a set of written instructions on how to create the boiler stay. So you have 1) instructions on how to do it and 2) an image of what it looks like. That, in my opinion, is really all you need. I don't see where anything else would be required.

What exactly are you stuck on?

I've got a meeting to attend. Someone here will assist you if you post specific questions. Wait a little longer and Dadgad should be up and about. I know he would definitely help you. Good luck.

Edited by ReMark

dartz:

I fully agree with ReMark, it looks like you have all the information that you need. I would start by making my 5 layers and then going from there. You can freeze the layers that you are not working on if it will help you. You also may be able to set a layer to the color you want and anything in that layer will be that color. Hope I have not confused you but this is a relatively easy project.

welldriller

BoilerStay1.PNG

Top view.

BoilerStay2.PNG

Front view.

After re-reading the instructions this morning I think I now know what the problem might be. It is not clear what the spacing is on the construction lines (red). Maybe I missed it? So, consider what I have show as my "best guess" until I have had time to go over the instructions again. I apologize for not catching this last night.

It looks like the instructions are repeating most of the dimensions that are evidently given in Figure 4.73 on page 118 of your textbook. However, the place you need to start, as per the instructions, is with the centerlines of the holes, and those are not repeated in the instructions, at least not in full. If you give those dimensions here, or better yet, provide an image of Figure 4.73, then we can get you started perfectly. Otherwise, the instructions seem very detailed, as has been previously mentioned.

Why start a thread and not post any information? This is annoying to say the least.

Help us to help you by stating the nature of the problem in detail.

I think that the OP is in a bit of a state.

He wants to post a drawing, but instead of attaching a DWG file, he has included a link, which is probably being moderated.

PostedDrawing.JPG