revit architecture & architecture

kililio

hi

whats the differences between autocad revit architecture and autocad architecture?

I heard Revit architecture is more recent so why Autodesk bother selling the other?

Thanks

One is AutoCAD and one is Revit.

Two different animals.

Yes...there are lions & there are tigers, different animals but they bite.

Do you want to get bitten by a lion or a tiger? or a bear?

Yep, those are 2 standalone products, though I think the AutoCAD / Revit Arch comes with both Revit + ACA (at least that's the understanding I get from my company's license). AutoCAD Arch is only ACA. My company has some Building Design Suites as well - these include some extra programs. E.g.

Yes...there are lions & there are tigers, different animals but they bite.

Do you want to get bitten by a lion or a tiger? or a bear?

Revit is Revit, AutoCAD is AutoCAD, they're two different softwares.

:rtfm:

Google them and you can see the difference, or download the trials for free.

Btw, Autodesk discontinued the AutoCAD Revit Architecture suites as of January 7, 2013. Revit is no longer split into separate disciplines, it's all-in-one for 2013. Hopefully AutoCAD follows suit soon, having multiple versions of the same release is horrible.

Btw, Autodesk discontinued the AutoCAD Revit Architecture suites as of January 7, 2013. Revit is no longer split into separate disciplines, it's all-in-one for 2013. Hopefully AutoCAD follows suit soon, having multiple versions of the same release is horrible.
That was my understanding from discussions with our reseller last year as well. That's why my previous company went with Building Design Suite. Strangely though my new company has mostly Revit Arch 2013 licenses - only a few Building Desings. I suppose it's a tad cheaper - it's still listed on ADesk's site though, perhaps they've not updated their site yet.

That was my understanding from discussions with our reseller last year as well. That's why my previous company went with Building Design Suite. Strangely though my new company has mostly Revit Arch 2013 licenses - only a few Building Desings. I suppose it's a tad cheaper - it's still listed on ADesk's site though, perhaps they've not updated their site yet.

Yup, they discontinued the Architecture, MEP and Structural vertical product suites. They (Autodesk) upgraded our MEP suites to Building Design Suite Premium for free (still gotta pay the extra $$ per year per subscription seat). I laughed when I read the email. They were running all these deals and promotions and trying to get us to upgrade for a year or so, I kept declining. Then they did it automatically for free. I lol'd.

I love my BDSPRM though, all the tools I need at my fingertips.