Can I scale up a 100+ blocks at once and have each base point as the blocks insert po

wsucad

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wsucad

• ReMark

• dbroada

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

I think DotSoft has a freebie called Blkscale.lsp. "Scales selected blocks in place by designated scale factor."

I've never used it so I can't give you any specifics.

There's a routine over at the Cadalyst website that rescales multiple blocks by Theodorus Winata (Tip #2103) which allows the user to specify different X, Y, Z scale factors.

Have you looked at the Express Tools command BSCALE? I think it is invoked from the command line. Check the Express Tools FAQ for a description of the command.

One more over at the Cadalyst website:

BLOCKSC.LSP. Prompts you to select a block and enter a scale factor. Scales every occurrence of the selected block based on its insertion point. Tip #1725.

that's how I would have do it with full ACAD

Me too! It would take me longer to lad the LISP than do it through properties lol. Thats assuming the block has a logical basepoint. I hate when people leave it at 0,0.

Me too! It would take me longer to lad the LISP than do it through properties lol. Thats assuming the block has a logical basepoint. I hate when people leave it at 0,0.

BSCALE will also allow non-uniform scaling whether it is ticked or not when block was created.

BSCALE is an express tool, if express tools are loaded it is ready to go, just type BSCALE.

Blocks at 0,0 are near the top of my, ways to anger Hulk.

Blocks at 0,0 are near the top of my, ways to anger Hulk.

That's funny. For many years, I created blocks without knowing the basepoint command. I would move the objects in the block so that 0,0 was the desired basepoint.

That's funny. For many years, I created blocks without knowing the basepoint command. I would move the objects in the block so that 0,0 was the desired basepoint.
At least that way you end up with the block insertion point located somewhere sensible. The big problem is when people just use 0,0 irrespective of where their geometry suggests the insert point should be. Especially annoying if you start scaling groups of blocks using the properties palette.