Text in a CIRCLE

ArqCastro

Hello everyone,

I have a problem drawing text in a complete circle in AutoCAD (version 2012), I used "Arctext" but the letters don't seem to stay at a even space between them... it's not a very good end result :-(

Does any one know a different command or lsp that I can use to do this in a more perfect manner?

Thanks in advance, Castro

I did, but it doesn't work properly... I need to write a full circle (for watches I redraw to a Switerzerland company) and it just doesn't come out right... some letters get cluttered, pulling them apart only makes it look worse... (on the bottom image see how SWISS is...)Texto em Circulo DO COREL-Model.jpg

Eventually I made it on Corel (on top of the image, unfilled but there's an option to make it fill on import) and them imported it back to Autocad but... I really wanted to do everything here... but... arc aligned text is not the answer! :-(

And yes, I cuted a small portio of the circle so the AAT command could work.

I will give it a look as work load allows. :thumbsup:

No worries, no rush, with the help of Corel I fixed my problem, now is just a matter of finding an alternative inside AutoCAD!

If I understand the problem -

I don't think AutoCAD allows kerning (is that the right term) of text (each letter has a rectangular box around it that can't overlap). The box is the same size for all letters in the font (notice in the Cap I in the AutoCAD images posted above that there is a lot of whitespace on either side.) A kerned font makes the whitespace proportional to the font and even allows part of one letter to be below another (like for the W) to keep a consistent whitespace.

One technique would be to create those as individual text letters and move as needed.