Using Excel to execute AutoCAD commands

gazane

Hello, I work in a company in Brazil and I am just starting to learn about Lisp.

What I want is simple (I think), I need a "program" that uses the excel to know what command execute in AutoCAD. I will explain better, lets think that in a sheet of excel we have this:

circle 10

circle 15

I want that AutoCAD creates two circles, one with radius 10 and the other with radius 15. Is that possible ?

Sorry about my English, I am learning yet.

Regards.

Seems that you need also to provide the locations of the centers for the two circles.

You may also add those into your Exceel sheet and save the content as a text file with SCR extension (a script); next call SCRIPT command in AutoCAD to run it.

_CIRCLE [color=magenta]0,0,0[/color] 10
_CIRCLE [color=magenta]10,10,10[/color] 15
;end of script

Thanks for replying my question, seems to have different ways to do what I want, I will study more and if I have another question I will ask here.

I didn't knew the SCR extension, I was looking for this extension in excel and I didn't find how to save a excel file in this extension, can you help me ?

Thanks again.

Read my post again ! two methods cut the column F and paste direct onto the Autocad command line this is the same as a SCRIPT file. Method two copy column F and paste to notepad save it as yourscript.SCR to run, SCRIPT yourscript. You may want to add more commands to your script hence the paste to notepad.

Like above you must supply all required input not just circle 10 in a script you can add stuff like pause for user input.

Like above you must supply all required input not just circle 10 in a script you can add stuff like pause for user input.

BIGAL, I believe that that should read "in a script you cannot add stuff like pause for user input".

My favorite expression is F*** the users input. Takes too long and very prone to mistakes and bad attitudes. If what I read in your first post is that you have this data in Excel or want to store it in Excel then LISP can read that data in for you and the users will only have to wait for it to finish it's work. If on the other hand you're talking about user input, then what's the need for Excel other than record keeping?