autocad 2006 on win7 64-bit

frank_car

What version of Win7? Is it the Home Edition?

Note that AutoCAD 2006 would be compatible with Windows XP mode. Another option would be to buy a separate piece of software called Longbow.

Re: WinXP mode. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Re: Longbow software. http://www.longbowsoftware.com/

Edited by ReMark

Thanks, but I checked for longbow and it's not free. Is there any simple cad software for free. My wife used to use autocad, so I will have to find some simple alternative cause she has no time to learn new software.

frank: You asked for help installing 2006 on your wife's computer. I gave you two options. The first IS free (from Microsoft) while Longbow, an entirely different program, is not. Had I known you were looking for free, simple, CAD software I would have made other suggestions. I concur with Tiger re: Draftsight. It is offered as a free download from the dessault systemes website. While you are there you should also download the free Draftsight Guide in PDF form. It consists of well over 100 pages.

Take a look at Draftsight, it's a free autocad-clone that I have found to work very similar to AutoCAD.

+1 to that. :thumbsup:

I use Draftsight here at home. It's a great free 2D CAD program.