solprof command

084x4larry

I'm quite familiar w/this command but I have a problem right now trying to bring in an iso view profile (using solprof of my 3d model) of a pipe spool and place it in my 2d detail sheet. It looks great in the model file but when i copy clip it and bring in into my 2d file it kinda looks squished and oriented a little differently. Now I know it has to do with the UCS but how can I get them lined up so to speak?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 084x4larry

• ReMark

• SLW210

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And you tried rotating it?

if u mean rotate the profile that wont help cause its squished and wont look right at any rotation and if u mean rotate my model well i have to set it at 30/60 before using solprof so i can generate a true iso to dislplay on my detail sheet...

I guess it is assumed the user would remain in the drawing the solid profile was created in and not copy/paste it into another drawing since the viewport it was created in originally had to be oriented for that particular view.

I'm saying this because I've only used the command a handful of times and always stayed in the drawing the original 3D object was created in. I could be wrong.

I think I figured out a way to do it.

Please verify that you are attempting to copy/paste your 2D block created using SolProf from the original drawing into a brand new drawing.

I've moved them plenty of times. Maybe you should give FLATSHOT a try.

I cannot open your drawing since you saved it as a newer version. If I get time I'll open it with TrueView and check it out.

Magic.

I notice that you used six separate lines to draw the flange (not the weld neck itself) used on the right hand side of the spool piece but only four lines on the one on the left. Why is that? You use a lot of separate lines, no polylines, too. Just curious.

Yes. But first the disclaimer.

I'm sure there are three people who are going to say there is a quicker / easier way to do this but that is not what I was interested in discovering. I just wanted to know if it could be done this way.

I used the Change Space (CHSPACE) command to bring the geometry over into paper space. Then I copied it from there into the model space of my new drawing.

Magic.

I notice that you used six separate lines to draw the flange (not the weld neck itself) used on the right hand side of the spool piece but only four lines on the one on the left. Why is that? You use a lot of separate lines, no polylines, too. Just curious.

the model is from my client, im the guy making detail drawings so my shop can build the individual spool pieces that the entire system is comprised of... it's a huge metering system with a price tag somewhere around 60k

Yes. But first the disclaimer.

I'm sure there are three people who are going to say there is a quicker / easier way to do this but that is not what I was interested in discovering. I just wanted to know if it could be done this way.

I used the Change Space (CHSPACE) command to bring the geometry over into paper space. Then I copied it from there into the model space of my new drawing.

ur way was plenty fast enough for me Remark and i will try it in a minute here on my next spool... im needing to show the iso so the guys know which way to orient the base plates as the slots have to be going in a certain direction... many thanks

ur way was plenty fast enough for me Remark and i will try it in a minute here on my next spool... im needing to show the iso so the guys know which way to orient the base plates as the slots have to be going in a certain direction... many thanks

ok Remark i tried it and it worked like a charm... Dang if your aren't magic and fooey on anyone who says different! thanks again...