autocad blocks attributes

Zygan

Hi There,

I currently have pre made blocks that I insert into drawings on a regular basis. These blocks have anywhere between 1-40 attributes to them which I can happily go through and fill in at my leisure. However I'm wondering if anyone knows a way of having several (as many as I like) equal the same thing.

E.g

If I have several circles in my block that all had to say this "circle" is "Fan-1-1" can this "Fan-1-1" that I type into the attribute be equal to other attributes in the block saving me from typing it several times.

I know there are ways around this like find and replace and copy paste but I'm positive autocad has the power to do this.

An example I mean would be like excel documents.

There are several blocks with about 6 identifiers that have to equal the same thing.

Attribute 1 is equal to attribute "master"

Attribute 2 is equal to attribute "master"

Attribute 3 is equal to attribute "master"

Attribute 4 is equal to attribute "master"

Attribute 5 is equal to attribute "master"

Attribute 6 is equal to attribute "master"

I'm happy even if the Attribute 1-6 where even some sort of texts I can change my blocks to suit.

Then all I have to type in is the "master" attribute and all is swell.

I hope this makes sense.

Zygan

If you make a insert macro or a lisp then you could do it you would just insert as normal but would be asked for the attribute to be that is to be copied many times.

macro maybe not tested 
^c^c^p(setq ans (getstring "\nEnter attribute"))insert myblock ;;;ans ans ans ans ;;;;;;;;