How do I sketch a dotted line to represent a hidden line?

reggy

Will someone please help me out on this issue? I need to change a solid line in a drawing to a dotted line to indicate that it is a hidden line. I know I should use Modify/Properties, I just don't know how to import the dotted line into the properties box.

Bear in mind that I am a beginner with Autocad, please use a step by step explanation if you can. I am using v 2000 if it matters

Thank you,

Reggy

First you should actually be using a Hidden linetype and not a dotted line in my opinion.

Second you can load a new linetype via the LTYPE command which will bring up the dialog box you need to be using.

First you should actually be using a Hidden linetype and not a dotted line in my opinion.

To expand just in case any beginners didn't quite understand, the hidden line linetype here would be the DASHED linetype, not the DOTTED.