How to do isometric view and top view in autocad?

gen_shao

im doing both isometric view and top view of a floor plan in a single paper at the same time.

the problem is ..when i change the view to isometric.. the drawing that is intended for top view changes to isometric view also..

how can i change the view of a single object to isometric isolatedly,, without affecting the other drawings and remain in its current position??

btw im using autocad 2007....thnx..

Are you working in model space with model space viewports or are you working in a layout with paper space viewports?

Is this a 2D or a 3D drawing?

2D. i need to present 2 2D drawings in one paper.. one is top view and the other is isometric view.. i can simpy change the top view to isometric by changing it in the views option but the other drawings which are not intended to be in isometric changes.

There's not a magic button to generate varying 2D isometric views from the same objects. I think you're using the ViewCube to change your view to an Iso view, but all you're doing is rotating the View in 3D space. This technique is more intended for setting Isometric Views of 3D models, not 2D linework.

• 2 weeks later...

It would mean starting your drawing over -- but would it be possible to use the 90-150-30 & 270 command to draw the isometric items and regular command for the items that is not isometric ???????

i can simpy change the top view to isometric by changing it in the views option....

Except that the result is not an isometric view.

At bottom left of screen right click on Grid and set to Isometric Grid.

Experiment with F5 command and watch the cursor.

Experiment with Ellipse isocircle option.

Experiment with direct distance entry.

You are now ready to start drawing the isometric view.

Post back with any questions.