Service pack fails to install

RBPrice

I just tried to install SP 1 for 2013 and was told that the SP could not find any copy of AutoCAD 2013 on my computer.

Is this yet another case of AutoCAD 2013 being subsumed by AutoCAD Mechanical and is there some solution to the problem?

Thanks

I gues I did not clearly state my problem. I have AutoCAD 2013. whcih as I understand, is a part of AutoCAD Mechanical. Note that I have the Product Design Suite Premium whiich has lots of other Autodesk products in it. AutoCAD 2013 is made available by selecting the "vanilla" setting in Mechanical which tells me that AutoCAF 2013 is a sub-set of Mechanical.

When I download the SP for AutoCAD 2013, I am told that I do not have AutoCAD 2013 on my computer. Given all the trouble I went through to get AutoCAD 2013 to run independently of AutoCAD Mechanical I am not surprised.

No. AutoCAD Mechanical is different product, not just add-on added to AutoCAD. There are different SP for specific verticals (like AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD Electrical, etc)

Have you tried to install the SP from the link I gave you?

Well no I did not because I am not trying to install a SP for Mechanical -

I am trying to install a SP for AutoCAD 2013 Is there such a thing available?

And I just checked, ACM is has the latest SP but not AC 2013.

Edited by RBPrice

Great Question - and no it is NOT which explains why the SP can't find it. an even more interesting quesion is WHY NOT? Is it some ghost program that lives in a different universe?

Thanks

... even more interesting quesion is WHY NOT?

Because you installed as Mechanical. You need to use SP released for Mechanical (which will include the vanilla AutoCAD).

Hi JD - as I said in a prior post, I have installed the SP for Mechanical. I think you are telling me that having done that, AC 2013 is up to date also. And given that I am convinced that 2013 is the "vanilla" subset of AC Mechanical, that is the best that can be done. Why Autodesk would subsume AC 2013 inside Mechanical is beyond my understanding. I guess that after some 15 years of running AutoCAD without the "benefit" of Mechanical my ancient brain isn't suitable for that level of complexity.

Thanks for your input on this matter.