Trimming functions

Jonathan1321

I am looking for something that will allow me some advanced trim functions like a automated single click trim that allows me te select a object and it will trim all objects within?

CIRCLE.jpg

So basically im after a quick lisp that will trim all lines intersecting a object e.g. circle and a lisp that will trim between inter secting objects eg two lines between two circles

It isnt im perfectly capable of doing it but There is a HUGE ammount of trimming to do on a regular basis for Strip out drawings so I am looking into methods and tools to increase efficiency.

This is a previous post in regards to quickly creating boundaries for hatch zones on objects.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?77211-Creating-hatch-boundries-on-multiple-objects-and-individual-lines.&p=521553#post521553

Depending on what you have to do you could develop an AutoLISP program to automate it. For example, I have included in my book a sample program that will draw circles on line endpoints, trim the lines within these circles and write a number inside each circle automatically (see http://lispexpert.blogspot.com/p/chapter-11-selecting-entities.html#ch12).

Knowing what you are trying to do you could develop similar programs that can help increase your productivity, which is the aim of LISP user programming.

Other example I have posted elsewhere, also about trimming and also splitting, but in this case 3DSolis can be found in http://lispexpert.blogspot.com/p/chapter-18.html#trimsplit. In the case of TRIMMING you can select a set of trimming solids and a set of solid to be trimmed and if they overlap the ovelapping portions will be subtracted from the solids selected to be trimmed.

In the case of SPLITTING, you can select a group of solids and if overlapping new solids will be created for each overlapping portion and these portins will be subtracted from the original solids. As I said, all this can be done using the regular commnads, but this way you can save a few mouse clicks.

If your drawing is not too big you can speed up the TRIM command just by using the default

Command: TRIM

Current settings: Projection=UCS, Edge=None

Select cutting edges ...

Select objects or

Just pressing ENTER will select all the drawing as trimming entities.