What is the essential difference between the multiple line and single line ?

Catherine Ding

except for the quantity of the line . the case is I was taught to make a title block tempelate. For each single item, like text"STUDENTS NAME " or "PART NMAE" , and inluding the attributes, I was instructed to use single line text instead of mutliple line. I was told that single line won't change. What does it mean it won't change?:(

I feel that single line is more precisely controlled ,while the multiple line text is more ofen used in puting the notes in a drawing. But in what case use what I am confuesd. Especailly when make the tible block, It seems to use the single line text is the unique way to make each feature in its status.

I almost always use a single line of text when creating an attribute for a title block. Use what works best for your particular situation and stop worrying about what other people do. Every company has different standards.