"Duplicate definition of block GENAXEH ignored"

Philllip

When I try to copy/paste I get this massage, "Duplicate definition of block GENAXEH ignored".

How do I fix this? I have read other threads but I just don't get rid of this problem.

I assume you are copying from one drawing file into another and that part of what you are copying is a block named GENAXEH. What AutoCAD is telling you is that there is already a block named that in the receiving drawing and that AutoCAD is going to use the block it already knows rather than the new one. If they are identical that is fine but if you want to update the block you will have to redefine it. Assuming that you want the existing definition you can safely ignore the message, it is just telling you what is happening, not that its refusing to do something.

You have several options in this situation. If the definitions are identical, you don't have to do anything--in effect the new blocks won't change. If the definitions are different, you can rename the old block in the destination drawing, paste the new block, and go forward with two separate blocks. Similarly, you can rename the new block in the source drawing before you copy it. Which block you rename depends on whether you intend to copy other material later that includes the same blocks.