• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Shom5

• PotGuy

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this for a school project?

I'd imagine the height of the arch will be dependent upon the ceiling height. It might also be dependent upon the type/style of arch.

Do you have a cross-section of the house or a wall detail sheet?

Furniture dimensions. Easy. Measure your own furniture or go to one of the many websites that have furniture blocks that can be downloaded for free. One such site is www.draftsperson.com. Look for their AutoCAD blocks.

Is this for a school project?

I'd imagine the height of the arch will be dependent upon the ceiling height. It might also be dependent upon the type/style of arch.

Do you have a cross-section of the house or a wall detail sheet?

Furniture dimensions. Easy. Measure your own furniture or go to one of the many websites that have furniture blocks that can be downloaded for free. One such site is www.draftsperson.com. Look for their AutoCAD blocks.

yes it's for school

No i don't have any other details.. All details that i have in that images

so, how can i make the scale of furniture in mm?

I hope the drawing template you started with is in metric units not imperial.

The first rule of AutoCAD is that everything drawn in model space should be drawn at FULL size no matter how large or small it is. Do NOT draw objects "to scale" as one would do on a drafting board.

You can use the -DWGUNITS command, at the command line, to set the units of the drawing you are working in.

As I said before, you do not have to draw the furniture. You can find furniture blocks online, download them and insert them in your drawing.

I hope the drawing template you started with is in metric units not imperial.

The first rule of AutoCAD is that everything drawn in model space should be drawn at FULL size no matter how large or small it is. Do NOT draw objects "to scale" as one would do on a drafting board.

You can use the -DWGUNITS command, at the command line, to set the units of the drawing you are working in.

As I said before, you do not have to draw the furniture. You can find furniture blocks online, download them and insert them in your drawing.

but my teacher want all drawing in mm.. Also, she want to draw the furniture

what about the arch? how can i draw it? can u explain more about it, please ..

The arch would only show up in an interior elevation or a section cut through the house at the right location.

Unless you are taking a course in furniture design I don't see any need to draw furniture but if you must then just look around where you live. Measure a couch, a chair, a dining room table, or any piece of furniture you want then draw it up.

All this is being done in 2D isn't it?

The arch would only show up in an interior elevation or a section cut through the house at the right location.

Unless you are taking a course in furniture design I don't see any need to draw furniture but if you must then just look around where you live. Measure a couch, a chair, a dining room table, or any piece of furniture you want then draw it up.

All this is being done in 2D isn't it?

so, no need to draw arch in the plan or what?

i will try to measure the furniture then i will draw it..

tet it's in 2D

In the images i have S/U. What is S/U? and how i can draw it?

my teacher want all drawing in mm.

From one of your images, I would think that the dimensions are given in centimetres. Be careful to use the correct units, either centimetres OR millimetres.

You will have to seek guidance from your teacher as to the meaning of S/U. A Google search reveals over 100 meanings :cry:

In plan view the arch is depicted as a pair of dashed lines. Do you know why that is?

Please start your drawing using a METRIC template. Example: acadiso.dwt is metric and I am pretty sure that your model space units will be millimeters. If I am wrong one of our European members will correct me.

Did your teacher happen to mention the program SketchUp by any chance?

Note: Unfortunately it is difficult if not impossible to read the dimensions in the first two images. But in looking at the one with detail of the kitchen I can't help but notice the lack of some necessary dimensions. I think when a teacher gives his/her students images of this type (incomplete) they are doing them a disservice and, in turn, leading them down the path of frustration.

Edited by ReMark

Have the images been removed, as they aren't showing on my screen? Could be work filters otherwise.

Based on speculation of the Arch w/out pics, I'd wager that the Arch may underneath an object; if it's depicted just outside the front door, then maybe the roof overhang might be hiding it.

Next you'll give the answer away. I was trying to get the OP to "think" about what he is showing in plan view.

Sorry! Didn't know you were going for that approach. :oops:

From one of your images, I would think that the dimensions are given in centimetres. Be careful to use the correct units, either centimetres OR millimetres.

You will have to seek guidance from your teacher as to the meaning of S/U. A Google search reveals over 100 meanings :cry:

i should go to her but now i'm in weekend. And she want this work after the weekend:(..

i should go to her but now i'm in weekend. And she want this work after the weekend:(..

Who else does this class? Maybe approach friends doing this and see what they can come up with?

Don't ask for a straight out answer; you won't learn anything if you do as you'll only 'Copy and Paste' the answer and not think about it. Thinking about it is what makes you learn.

Debate what you know and consolidate information maybe?

In plan view the arch is depicted as a pair of dashed lines. Do you know why that is?

Please start your drawing using a METRIC template. Example: acadiso.dwt is metric and I am pretty sure that your model space units will be millimeters. If I am wrong one of our European members will correct me.

Did your teacher happen to mention the program SketchUp by any chance?

Note: Unfortunately it is difficult if not impossible to read the dimensions in the first two images. But in looking at the one with detail of the kitchen I can't help but notice the lack of some necessary dimensions. I think when a teacher gives his/her students images of this type (incomplete) they are doing them a disservice and, in turn, leading them down the path of frustration.

no, i don't why the arch at dashed lines. can u tell me the reason?

the teacher didn't mention any things about SKetchUP..

And i start to draw the plan from 2 days and i added 10 to all dimensions as the teacher said.

do u want to see the dimensions for the plan?

Added 10 to all the dimensions. Why were you instructed to do that?

How much have you drawn so far. Post a screenshot.

The dashed lines represent the opening for the archway since there are no physical doors.