Elevation tag is incorrect

addesigns

I am having a problem. I create an elevation view, go to the view, rename the view, and then put the view on a sheet. The problem is that when i put the view on the sheet, it is not referencing the sheet that it is on. It is referencing a different sheet. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? It should be referencing that it is the first view on that sheet, but it keeps showing a different sheet number. I have tried creating a new view, following the process, and it does the same thing. I did a new view cuz i though maybe somehow it got referenced to the other sheet, but that is not it. Any ideas

BIGAL, this is the Revit forum. No Lisp or command line here.

I'm having a little trouble following what you are saying. Can you post a screen shot? Is it possibly referencing the sheet where the elevation is being generated from?

BIGAL, this is the Revit forum. No Lisp or command line here.

I'm having a little trouble following what you are saying. Can you post a screen shot? Is it possibly referencing the sheet where the elevation is being generated from?

I think that's the issue; it's referencing an apparantly random page number.

That is the problem. It is referencing a random page. I am wondering if it is just a glitch with Revit, or there is some super secret setting or property that I dont know of. I am aware of where to look, but I am seeing nothing. I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.

I doubt that it is a random sheet. It is more than likely that it is doing exactly as it is supposed to. Have you checked the family to make sure that you have the correct parameter?

I am not able to rename the elevation. I rename the sheet that it is on to check it, and it still does not change. I brought the issue up to another co-worker and she remembers having the same issue once before. She cant remember how she fixed it, but she is going to do some brain storming to recall what she did. I have checked all the properties and parameters and nothing seems that it would be making this happen.